Fast Weight Loss

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Weight Loss Struggles - Finding Strength in Weakness

For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Cor. 12:10

Today it really feels like I will never have victory over my binge eating, harmony in my relationships or control over my finances. It's hard to connect with my faith. I'm just so tired and frustrated.

Have you ever felt this way? At times like this, it's hard for me to stay positive or remember any of the coping techniques, affirmations or prayers that I know so well... much less do them.

What do you do when you don't even seem to have the energy to use the tools that you know with a certainty will move you to a better place?

Prayer is the last thing I want to do, but I'm so grateful that I had the wherewithal to grab for a favorite book that always turns me around. It's called "Humility" and it's by Andrew Murray. His words are like medicine healing my soul.

The author defines humility as "simply the disposition that prepares the soul for living in trust." Wow!! On page 85 it says, "Place yourself before God in your helplessness; consent to the fact that you are powerless to slay yourself; give yourself in patient and trustful surrender to God. Accept every humiliation; look upon it and every person" (and here I'll add, and every piece of food) "who tries to trouble you as a means of grace to humble you."

He reminds me that in my own flesh, I am powerless to change myself. These "lapses" are meant to bring me to an even stronger need and expectation from God. I am to look upon every one of these dark moments as a way to experience God's grace, as an opportunity to come to the end of myself and to allow the start of God's work in my life.

I pray that during these trying times you also see your inability to do anything on your own, and give your trust to God's ability to strengthen you.

So what are the next steps?

If you're in the midst of binging, then take the focus off yourself and your weakness and put the focus on God -- He promises us that His grace is sufficient. (2 Cor. 12:9)
Every day, remind yourself of your emptiness, and acknowledge your dependence on God.

Cathy Morenzie has been in the fitness industry for over 20 years. She is a sought after presenter, published writer and fitness trainer who specializes in helping people to lose weight. Her new program "Healthy by Design" teaches people how to lose weight while strengthening their faith. You can learn more about her program and download your free weight release report at http://www.hbdprogram.com

Harry Markopolos, a former financial executive, testifies before a House Financial Services Subcommittee on 'Assessing the Madoff Ponzi Scheme and Regulatory Failures' in Washington February 4, 2009. (Molly Riley/Reuters)Reuters - Harry Markopolos, a former investment manager who tried to warn U.S. regulators about Bernard Madoff, joined lawmakers in blasting the Securities and Exchange Commission but said he was forwarding more tips to the agency.

Bodybuilding Nutrition
Anti Aging Supplements
Group Health Insurance
Vitamin B Complex
Food Allergies
Health And Dental Insurance
Food Nutrition Facts
Loss Spa Weight
Newspaper Articles On Obesity
Yeast Free Diet
Food Japanese
Food Saver
La Loss Weight
Polish Food
Natural Vitamins
Dietary Loss Supplement Weight
High Blood Pressure Diet
Vitamin E Cream
Effects Of Healthy Eating
Minnesota Health Insurance Reform

No comments:

Post a Comment